- 1. override, device
- usage: a manually operated device to correct the operation of an automatic device
- 2. nullification, override, change of state
- usage: the act of nullifying; making null and void; counteracting or overriding the effect or force of something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overrule, overturn, override, overthrow, reverse, rule, decree
- usage: rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
- 2. override, predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail
- usage: prevail over; "health considerations override financial concerns"
- 3. override, counteract, countervail, neutralize, counterbalance
- usage: counteract the normal operation of (an automatic gear shift in a vehicle)
- 4. override, ride, sit
- usage: ride (a horse) too hard
All rights reserved.
See also: override (Dictionary)