- 1. overlap, convergence, intersection, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena; "there was no overlap between their proposals"
- 2. overlap, concurrence, coincidence, conjunction, co-occurrence
- usage: the property of partial coincidence in time
- 3. lap, overlap, flap
- usage: a flap that lies over another part; "the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overlap, coincide, co-occur, cooccur
- usage: coincide partially or wholly; "Our vacations overlap"
- 2. overlap, cover, continue, extend
- usage: extend over and cover a part of; "The roofs of the houses overlap in this crowded city"
All rights reserved.
See also: overlap (Dictionary)