- 1. operating expense, operating cost, overhead, budget items, expense, disbursal, disbursement
- usage: the expense of maintaining property (e.g., paying property taxes and utilities and insurance); it does not include depreciation or the cost of financing or income taxes
- 2. command processing overhead time, command processing overhead, command overhead, overhead, processing time
- usage: (computer science) the processing time required by a device prior to the execution of a command
- 3. disk overhead, overhead, disk space, disc space
- usage: (computer science) the disk space required for information that is not data but is used for location and timing
- 4. viewgraph, overhead, foil, transparency
- usage: a transparency for use with an overhead projector
- 5. overhead, ceiling
- usage: (nautical) the top surface of an enclosed space on a ship
- 6. overhead, smash, return
- usage: a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
- 1. overhead (vs. surface) (vs. subsurface)
- usage: located or originating from above; "an overhead crossing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overhead
- usage: above your head; in the sky; "planes were flying overhead"
- 2. overhead
- usage: above the head; over the head; "bring the legs together overhead"
All rights reserved.
See also: overhead (Dictionary)