- 1. overdrive, action, activity, activeness
- usage: the state of high or excessive activity or productivity or concentration; "Troops are ready to go into overdrive as soon as the signal is given"; "Melissa's brain was in overdrive"
- 2. overdrive, high gear, high
- usage: a high gear used at high speeds to maintain the driving speed with less output power
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overdrive, overwork, exploit
- usage: drive or work too hard; "The teacher is overworking his students"; "Overdriving people often suffer stress"
- 2. overuse, overdrive, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: make use of too often or too extensively
All rights reserved.
See also: overdrive (Dictionary)