- 1. cloudiness, cloud cover, overcast, bad weather, inclemency, inclementness
- usage: the state of the sky when it is covered by clouds
- 2. cloudiness, overcast, semidarkness
- usage: gloomy semidarkness caused by cloud cover
- 3. overcast, overcasting, whipstitch, whipping, whipstitching
- usage: a long whipstitch or overhand stitch overlying an edge to prevent raveling
- 4. overcast, casting, cast
- usage: a cast that falls beyond the intended spot
- 1. overcast, cloud, darken
- usage: make overcast or cloudy; "Fall weather often overcasts our beaches"
- 2. overcast, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew over the edge of with long slanting wide stitches
- 3. overcast, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew with an overcast stitch from one section to the next; "overcast books"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cloud-covered, clouded, overcast, sunless, cloudy (vs. clear)
- usage: filled or abounding with clouds
All rights reserved.
See also: overcast (Dictionary)