- 1. over, part, section, division
- usage: (cricket) the division of play during which six balls are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
- 1. complete, concluded, ended, over(predicate), all over, terminated, finished (vs. unfinished)
- usage: having come or been brought to a conclusion; "the harvesting was complete"; "the affair is over, ended, finished"; "the abruptly terminated interview"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. over
- usage: at or to a point across intervening space etc.; "come over and see us some time"; "over there"
- 2. over
- usage: throughout an area; "he is known the world over"
- 3. over, o'er
- usage: throughout a period of time; "stay over the weekend"
- 4. over
- usage: beyond the top or upper surface or edge; forward from an upright position; "a roof that hangs over";
- 5. all over, over
- usage: over the entire area; "the wallpaper was covered all over with flowers"; "she ached all over"; "everything was dusted over with a fine layer of soot"
All rights reserved.
See also: over (Dictionary)