- 1. ossify, change state, turn
- usage: become bony; "The tissue ossified"
- 2. rigidify, ossify, petrify, stiffen
- usage: make rigid and set into a conventional pattern; "rigidify the training schedule"; "ossified teaching methods"; "slogans petrify our thinking"
- 3. ossify, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become hard and bony; "The disease ossified the tissue"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fossilized, fossilised, ossified, inflexible (vs. flexible)
- usage: set in a rigidly conventional pattern of behavior, habits, or beliefs; "obsolete fossilized ways"; "an ossified bureaucratic system"
All rights reserved.
See also: ossified (Dictionary)