- 1. orphan, child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- usage: a child who has lost both parents
- 2. orphan, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone or something who lacks support or care or supervision
- 3. orphan, line
- usage: the first line of a paragraph that is set as the last line of a page or column
- 4. orphan, young, offspring
- usage: a young animal without a mother
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. orphan, deprive, strip, divest
- usage: deprive of parents
All rights reserved.
See also: orphan (Dictionary)