WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. option, derivative instrument, derivative
- usage: the right to buy or sell property at an agreed price; the right is purchased and if it is not exercised by a stated date the money is forfeited
- 2. option, alternative, choice, decision making, deciding
- usage: one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen; "what option did I have?"; "there no other alternative"; "my only choice is to refuse"
- 3. choice, selection, option, pick, action
- usage: the act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
All rights reserved.
See also: option (Dictionary)