WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. operational
- usage: pertaining to a process or series of actions for achieving a result; "operational difficulties"; "they assumed their operational positions"
- 2. functional, usable, useable, operable, operational, serviceable (vs. unserviceable)
- usage: fit or ready for use or service; "the toaster was still functional even after being dropped"; "the lawnmower is a bit rusty but still usable"; "an operational aircraft"; "the dishwasher is now in working order"
- 3. operational (vs. nonoperational), active, combat-ready, fighting(prenominal), effective
- usage: (military) of or intended for or involved in military operations
- 4. operational, in operation(predicate), operating(prenominal), operative (vs. inoperative)
- usage: being in effect or operation; "de facto apartheid is still operational even in the `new' African nations"- Leslie Marmon Silko; "bus service is in operation during the emergency"; "the company had several operating divisions"
All rights reserved.
See also: operational (Dictionary)