WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. onslaught, trouble
- usage: a sudden and severe onset of trouble
- 2. attack, onslaught, onset, onrush, operation, military operation
- usage: (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons); "the attack began at dawn"
- 3. barrage, bombardment, outpouring, onslaught, language, linguistic communication
- usage: the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written); "a barrage of questions"; "a bombardment of mail complaining about his mistake"
All rights reserved.
See also: onslaught (Dictionary)