Synonyms of on
- 1. on (vs. off), connected
- usage: in operation or operational; "left the oven on"; "the switch is in the on position"
- 2. on (vs. off)
- usage: (of events) planned or scheduled; "the picnic is on, rain or shine"; "we have nothing on for Friday night"
- 1. along, on
- usage: with a forward motion; "we drove along admiring the view"; "the horse trotted along at a steady pace"; "the circus traveled on to the next city"; "move along"; "march on"
- 2. on
- usage: indicates continuity or persistence or concentration; "his spirit lives on"; "shall I read on?"
- 3. on
- usage: in a state required for something to function or be effective; "turn the lights on"; "get a load on"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of on (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.