Synonyms of offset
- 1. beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset, point, point in time
- usage: the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- 2. counterbalance, offset, compensation
- usage: a compensating equivalent
- 3. stolon, runner, offset, plant organ
- usage: a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- 4. outgrowth, branch, offshoot, offset, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: a natural consequence of development
- 5. offset, offset printing, printing, printing process
- usage: a plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper
- 6. set-back, setoff, offset, structure, construction
- usage: structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
- 1. offset, countervail, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: compensate for or counterbalance; "offset deposits and withdrawals"
- 2. cancel, offset, set off, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: make up for; "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- 3. offset, transfer
- usage: cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
- 4. offset, make, create
- usage: create an offset in; "offset a wall"
- 5. offset, print, impress
- usage: produce by offset printing; "offset the conference proceedings"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of offset (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.