- 1. official, functionary, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a worker who holds or is invested with an office
- 2. official, adjudicator
- usage: someone who administers the rules of a game or sport; "the golfer asked for an official who could give him a ruling"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. official (vs. unofficial), authoritative, authorized, authorised, ex officio, formal, formalized, formalised, semiofficial, authorized#1, authorised
- usage: having official authority or sanction; "official permission"; "an official representative"
- 2. official
- usage: of or relating to an office; "official privileges"
- 3. official, confirmed (vs. unconfirmed)
- usage: verified officially; "the election returns are now official"
- 4. official, prescribed, regular (vs. irregular)
- usage: conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline; "in prescribed order"
- 5. official, established (vs. unestablished), constituted
- usage: (of a church) given official status as a national or state institution
All rights reserved.
See also: official (Dictionary)