WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. discourtesy, offense, offence, offensive activity, behavior, behaviour, conduct, doings
- usage: a lack of politeness; a failure to show regard for others; wounding the feelings or others
- 2. umbrage, offense, offence, anger, choler, ire
- usage: a feeling of anger caused by being offended; "he took offence at my question"
- 3. crime, offense, criminal offense, criminal offence, offence, law-breaking, transgression, evildoing
- usage: (criminal law) an act punishable by law; usually considered an evil act; "a long record of crimes"
- 4. offense, offence, team, squad
- usage: the team that has the ball (or puck) and is trying to score
- 5. offense, offence, offensive, operation, military operation
- usage: the action of attacking an enemy
All rights reserved.
See also: offense (Dictionary)