WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. odorous (vs. odorless), alliaceous, almond-scented, anise-scented, apple-scented, balsam-scented, candy-scented, cedar-scented, cinnamon-scented, clove-scented, ginger-scented, honey-scented, lemon-scented, mint-scented, musk-scented, musky-scented, pleasant-smelling, redolent(predicate), smelling(predicate), scented, spice-scented, strong-smelling, strong-scented, tansy-scented, tansy-smelling, tea-scented, vanilla-scented, violet-scented
- usage: having odor or a characteristic odor; "odorous jasmine flowers"; "odorous garbage"; "fresh odorous bread"
- 2. odoriferous, odorous, malodorous (vs. fragrant), malodourous, unpleasant-smelling, ill-smelling, stinky
- usage: emitting an odor; "odorous salt pork and weevily hardtack"
- 3. odoriferous, odorous, perfumed, scented, sweet, sweet-scented, sweet-smelling, fragrant (vs. malodorous)
- usage: having a natural fragrance; "odoriferous spices"; "the odorous air of the orchard"; "the perfumed air of June"; "scented flowers"
All rights reserved.
See also: odorous (Dictionary)