WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. occasional(prenominal), infrequent (vs. frequent)
- usage: occurring from time to time; "took an occasional glass of wine"
- 2. episodic, occasional, unpredictable (vs. predictable)
- usage: occurring or appearing at usually irregular intervals; "episodic in his affections"; "occasional headaches"
- 3. casual, occasional, irregular (vs. regular)
- usage: occurring from time to time; "casual employment"; "a casual correspondence with a former teacher"; "an occasional worker"
- 4. periodic, occasional, sporadic (vs. continual)
- usage: recurring or reappearing from time to time; "periodic feelings of anxiety"
All rights reserved.
See also: occasional (Dictionary)