- 1. juncture, occasion, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event that occurs at a critical time; "at such junctures he always had an impulse to leave"; "it was needed only on special occasions"
- 2. affair, occasion, social occasion, function, social function, social event
- usage: a vaguely specified social event; "the party was quite an affair"; "an occasion arranged to honor the president"; "a seemingly endless round of social functions"
- 3. occasion, reason, ground
- usage: reason; "there was no occasion for complaint"
- 4. occasion, time
- usage: the time of a particular event; "on the occasion of his 60th birthday"
- 5. occasion, opportunity, chance
- usage: an opportunity to do something; "there was never an occasion for her to demonstrate her skill"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. occasion, cause, do, make
- usage: give occasion to
All rights reserved.
See also: occasion (Dictionary)