- 1. oblique, oblique case, case, grammatical case
- usage: any grammatical case other than the nominative
- 2. external oblique muscle, musculus obliquus externus abdominis, abdominal external oblique muscle, oblique, abdominal, abdominal muscle, ab
- usage: a diagonally arranged abdominal muscle on either side of the torso
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. oblique (vs. parallel) (vs. perpendicular), bias, catacorner, cata-cornered, catercorner, cater-cornered, catty-corner, catty-cornered, kitty-corner, kitty-cornered, crabwise, sideways, diagonal, nonparallel, oblique-angled, convergent, divergent#2, diverging, inclined
- usage: slanting or inclined in direction or course or position--neither parallel nor perpendicular nor right-angled; "the oblique rays of the winter sun"; "acute and obtuse angles are oblique angles"; "the axis of an oblique cone is not perpendicular to its base"
- 2. devious, oblique, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: indirect in departing from the accepted or proper way; misleading; "used devious means to achieve success"; "gave oblique answers to direct questions"; "oblique political maneuvers"
All rights reserved.
See also: oblique (Dictionary)