Synonyms of obligation
- 1. duty, responsibility, obligation, social control
- usage: the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force; "we must instill a sense of duty in our children"; "every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty"- John D.Rockefeller Jr
- 2. obligation, state
- usage: the state of being obligated to do or pay something; "he is under an obligation to finish the job"
- 3. obligation, indebtedness, personal relation, personal relationship
- usage: a personal relation in which one is indebted for a service or favor
- 4. debt instrument, obligation, certificate of indebtedness, document
- usage: a written promise to repay a debt
- 5. obligation, written agreement
- usage: a legal agreement specifying a payment or action and the penalty for failure to comply
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of obligation (Dictionary)