- 1. note, observe, mention, remark, state, say, tell
- usage: make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- 2. notice, mark, note
- usage: notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
- 3. note, take note, observe
- usage: observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction"
- 4. note, take down, write down, set down, get down, put down
- usage: make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. celebrated, famed, far-famed, famous, illustrious, notable, noted, renowned, known (vs. unknown)
- usage: widely known and esteemed; "a famous actor"; "a celebrated musician"; "a famed scientist"; "an illustrious judge"; "a notable historian"; "a renowned painter"
- 2. noted, noticeable (vs. unnoticeable)
- usage: worthy of notice or attention; "a noted increase in the crime rate"
All rights reserved.
See also: noted (Dictionary)