- 1. luminary, leading light, guiding light, notable, notability, celebrity, famous person
- usage: a celebrity who is an inspiration to others; "he was host to a large gathering of luminaries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. noteworthy, notable, worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: worthy of notice; "a noteworthy advance in cancer research"
- 2. celebrated, famed, far-famed, famous, illustrious, notable, noted, renowned, known (vs. unknown)
- usage: widely known and esteemed; "a famous actor"; "a celebrated musician"; "a famed scientist"; "an illustrious judge"; "a notable historian"; "a renowned painter"
All rights reserved.
See also: notable (Dictionary)