Synonyms of nosed
- 1. intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke, search, look
- usage: search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- 2. nose, advance, bring forward
- usage: advance the forward part of with caution; "She nosed the car into the left lane"
- 3. scent, nose, wind, smell
- usage: catch the scent of; get wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
- 4. nose, push, force
- usage: push or move with the nose
- 5. nuzzle, nose, caress, fondle
- usage: rub noses
- 6. nose, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat by a narrow margin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nosed (vs. noseless), hook-nosed, pug-nosed, pug-nose, short-nosed, snub-nosed, sharp-nosed, tube-nosed
- usage: having a nose (either literal or metaphoric) especially of a specified kind
All rights reserved.