WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nonstandard (vs. standard), bad, unacceptable, unaccepted
- usage: not conforming to the language usage of a prestige group within a community; "a nonstandard dialect is one used by uneducated speakers or socially disfavored groups"; "the common core of nonstandard words and phrases in folk speech"- A.R.Dunlap
- 2. nonstandard (vs. standard), deficient, inferior, substandard, nonnormative
- usage: varying from or not adhering to a standard; "nonstandard windows"; "envelopes of nonstandard sizes"; "nonstandard lengths of board"
- 3. nonstandard (vs. standard)
- usage: not standard; not accepted as a model of excellence; "a nonstandard text"
All rights reserved.
See also: nonstandard (Dictionary)