WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nominate, put up, put forward, nominate, propose
- usage: propose as a candidate for some honor
- 2. nominate, propose, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: put forward; nominate for appointment to an office or for an honor or position; "The President nominated her as head of the Civil Rights Commission"
- 3. name, nominate, make, appoint, charge
- usage: charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
- 4. appoint, name, nominate, constitute, establish, found, plant, constitute, institute
- usage: create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
All rights reserved.
See also: nominate (Dictionary)