- 1. no, negative
- usage: a negative; "his no was loud and clear"
- 2. nobelium, No, atomic number 102, chemical element, element
- usage: a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding curium with carbon ions; 7 isotopes are known
- 1. no(prenominal) (vs. all) (vs. some), nary(prenominal), none, zero(prenominal)
- usage: quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns for indicating a complete or almost complete lack or zero quantity of; "we have no bananas"; "no eggs left and no money to buy any"; "have you no decency?"; "did it with no help"; "I'll get you there in no time"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. no, no more
- usage: referring to the degree to which a certain quality is present; "he was no heavier than a child"
- 2. no
- usage: not in any degree or manner; not at all; "he is no better today"
- 3. no
- usage: used to express refusal or denial or disagreement etc or especially to emphasize a negative statement; "no, you are wrong"
All rights reserved.
See also: no (Dictionary)