- 1. pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch, grip
- usage: squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
- 2. nip, bite, seize with teeth
- usage: give a small sharp bite to; "The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles"
- 3. nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off, cut
- usage: sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. barbed, biting, nipping, pungent, mordacious, sarcastic (vs. unsarcastic)
- usage: capable of wounding; "a barbed compliment"; "a biting aphorism"; "pungent satire"
- 2. crisp, frosty, nipping, nippy, snappy, cold (vs. hot)
- usage: pleasantly cold and invigorating; "crisp clear nights and frosty mornings"; "a nipping wind"; "a nippy fall day"; "snappy weather"
All rights reserved.
See also: nipping (Dictionary)