- 1. nickname, moniker, cognomen, sobriquet, soubriquet, byname, appellation, denomination, designation, appellative
- usage: a familiar name for a person (often a shortened version of a person's given name); "Joe's mother would not use his nickname and always called him Joseph"; "Henry's nickname was Slim"
- 2. nickname, name
- usage: a descriptive name for a place or thing; "the nickname for the U.S. Constitution is `Old Ironsides'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dub, nickname, name, call
- usage: give a nickname to
All rights reserved.
See also: nickname (Dictionary)