WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. news, intelligence, tidings, word, information, info
- usage: information about recent and important events; "they awaited news of the outcome"
- 2. news, information, info
- usage: information reported in a newspaper or news magazine; "the news of my death was greatly exaggerated"
- 3. news program, news show, news, broadcast, program, programme
- usage: a program devoted to current events, often using interviews and commentary; "we watch the 7 o'clock news every night"
- 4. news, information, info
- usage: informal information of any kind that is not previously known to someone; "it was news to me"
- 5. newsworthiness, news, interest, interestingness
- usage: the quality of being sufficiently interesting to be reported in news bulletins; "the judge conceded the newsworthiness of the trial"; "he is no longer news in the fashion world"
All rights reserved.
See also: news (Dictionary)