Synonyms of nest
- 1. nest, natural object
- usage: a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
- 2. nest, gun emplacement, weapons emplacement
- usage: a kind of gun emplacement; "a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
- 3. nest, retreat
- usage: a cosy or secluded retreat
- 4. nest, gang, pack, ring, mob
- usage: a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality; "a nest of thieves"
- 5. nest, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: furniture pieces made to fit close together
- 1. nest, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: inhabit a nest, usually after building; "birds are nesting outside my window every Spring"
- 2. nest, implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant
- usage: fit together or fit inside; "nested bowls"
- 3. cuddle, snuggle, nestle, nest, nuzzle, draw close, cling to, hold close, hold tight, clutch
- usage: move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position; "We cuddled against each other to keep warm"; "The children snuggled into their sleeping bags"
- 4. nest, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather nests
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nest (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.