WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. edgy, high-strung, highly strung, jittery, jumpy, nervy, overstrung, restive, uptight, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: being in a tense state
- 2. nervy, bold (vs. timid)
- usage: showing or requiring courage and contempt of danger; "the nervy feats of mountaineers"
- 3. brash, cheeky, nervy, forward (vs. backward)
- usage: offensively bold; "a brash newcomer disputed the age-old rules for admission to the club"; "a nervy thing to say"
All rights reserved.
See also: nervy (Dictionary)