- 1. sicken, nauseate, turn one's stomach, disgust, gross out, revolt, repel
- usage: upset and make nauseated; "The smell of the food turned the pregnant woman's stomach"; "The mold on the food sickened the diners"
- 2. disgust, revolt, nauseate, sicken, churn up, repel, repulse
- usage: cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of; "The pornographic pictures sickened us"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nauseating, nauseous, noisome, queasy, loathsome, offensive, sickening, vile, unwholesome (vs. wholesome)
- usage: causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"
All rights reserved.
See also: nauseating (Dictionary)