- 1. moneymaking, acquisition
- usage: the act of making money (and accumulating wealth)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lucrative, moneymaking, remunerative, profitable (vs. unprofitable)
- usage: producing a sizeable profit; "a remunerative business"
- 2. mercantile, mercenary, moneymaking(prenominal), commercial (vs. noncommercial)
- usage: profit oriented; "a commercial book"; "preached a mercantile and militant patriotism"- John Buchan; "a mercenary enterprise"; "a moneymaking business"
All rights reserved.
See also: moneymaking (Dictionary)