WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. modernism, genre
- usage: genre of art and literature that makes a self-conscious break with previous genres
- 2. modernity, modernness, modernism, contemporaneity, contemporaneousness, currentness, currency, up-to-dateness
- usage: the quality of being current or of the present; "a shopping mall would instill a spirit of modernity into this village"
- 3. modernism, practice, pattern
- usage: practices typical of contemporary life or thought
All rights reserved.
See also: modernism (Dictionary)