WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. millennium, millenary, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a span of 1000 years
- 2. millennium, doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism
- usage: (New Testament) in Revelations it is foretold that those faithful to Jesus will reign with Jesus over the earth for a thousand years; the meaning of these words have been much debated; some denominations (e.g. Jehovah's Witnesses) expect it to be a thousand years of justice and peace and happiness
- 3. millennium, millenary, anniversary, day of remembrance
- usage: the 1000th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
All rights reserved.
See also: millennium (Dictionary)