Synonyms of microwave
- 1. microwave, electromagnetic radiation, electromagnetic wave, nonparticulate radiation
- usage: a short electromagnetic wave (longer than infrared but shorter than radio waves); used for radar and microwave ovens and for transmitting telephone, facsimile, video and data
- 2. microwave, microwave oven, kitchen appliance
- usage: kitchen appliance that cooks food by passing an electromagnetic wave through it; heat results from the absorption of energy by the water molecules in the food
- 1. microwave, micro-cook, zap, nuke, cook
- usage: cook or heat in a microwave oven; "You can microwave the leftovers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of microwave (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.