Synonyms of metric
- 1. metric function, metric, function, mathematical function, single-valued function, map, mapping
- usage: a function of a topological space that gives, for any two points in the space, a value equal to the distance between them
- 2. metric unit, metric, unit of measurement, unit
- usage: a decimal unit of measurement of the metric system (based on meters and kilograms and seconds); "convert all the measurements to metric units"; "it is easier to work in metric"
- 3. system of measurement, metric, measure, quantity, amount
- usage: a system of related measures that facilitates the quantification of some particular characteristic
- 1. metric, metrical
- usage: based on the meter as a standard of measurement; "the metric system"; "metrical equivalents"
- 2. measured, metrical, metric, rhythmical (vs. unrhythmical), rhythmic
- usage: the rhythmic arrangement of syllables
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of metric (Dictionary)