Synonyms of melt down
- 1. meltdown, nuclear meltdown, overheating
- usage: severe overheating of the core of a nuclear reactor resulting in the core melting and radiation escaping
- 2. meltdown, calamity, catastrophe, disaster, tragedy, cataclysm
- usage: a disaster comparable to a nuclear meltdown; "there is little likelihood of a meltdown comparable to the American banking collapse in March 1933"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. melt, run, melt down, dissolve, resolve, break up
- usage: reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating; "melt butter"; "melt down gold"; "The wax melted in the sun"
All rights reserved.