- 1. machinist, mechanic, shop mechanic, craftsman, artisan, journeyman, artificer
- usage: a craftsman skilled in operating machine tools
- 2. automobile mechanic, auto-mechanic, car-mechanic, mechanic, grease monkey, repairman, maintenance man, service man
- usage: someone whose occupation is repairing and maintaining automobiles
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mechanic, mechanical (vs. nonmechanical)
- usage: resembling the action of a machine; "from blank to blank a threadless way I pushed mechanic feet"- Emily Dickenson
All rights reserved.
See also: mechanic (Dictionary)