Synonyms of measuring
- 1. measurement, measuring, measure, mensuration, activity
- usage: the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule; "the measurements were carefully done"; "his mental measurings proved remarkably accurate"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. measure, mensurate, measure out, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: determine the measurements of something or somebody, take measurements of; "Measure the length of the wall"
- 2. quantify, measure, carry, convey, express
- usage: express as a number or measure or quantity; "Can you quantify your results?"
- 3. measure, be
- usage: have certain dimensions; "This table surfaces measures 20inches by 36 inches"
- 4. measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
All rights reserved.