- 1. matting, covering
- usage: a covering of coarse fabric (usually of straw or hemp)
- 2. mat, matting, mounting
- usage: mounting consisting of a border or background for a picture
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. entangle, tangle, mat, snarl, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
- 2. felt, felt up, mat up, matt-up, matte up, matte, mat, change
- usage: change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
All rights reserved.
See also: matting (Dictionary)