Synonyms of master
- 1. maestro, master, artist, creative person
- usage: an artist of consummate skill; "a master of the violin"; "one of the old masters"
- 2. overlord, master, lord, ruler, swayer
- usage: a person who has general authority over others
- 3. victor, master, superior, combatant, battler, belligerent, fighter, scrapper
- usage: a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- 4. master, employer
- usage: directs the work of others
- 5. headmaster, schoolmaster, master, principal, school principal, head teacher, head
- usage: presiding officer of a school
- 6. master, master copy, original, creation
- usage: an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- 7. master, captain, sea captain, skipper, officer, ship's officer
- usage: an officer who is licensed to command a merchant ship
- 8. master, scholar, scholarly person, bookman, student
- usage: someone who holds a master's degree from academic institution
- 9. master, professional, authority
- usage: an authority qualified to teach apprentices
- 10. passkey, passe-partout, master key, master, key
- usage: key that secures entrance everywhere
- 1. master, get the hang, know
- usage: be or become completely proficient or skilled in; "She mastered Japanese in less than two years"
- 2. overcome, get over, subdue, surmount, master, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: get on top of; deal with successfully; "He overcame his shyness"
- 3. dominate, master, control, command
- usage: have dominance or the power to defeat over; "Her pain completely mastered her"; "The methods can master the problems"
- 4. master, control, know
- usage: have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of; "Do you control these data?"
- 1. chief(prenominal), main(prenominal), primary(prenominal), principal(prenominal), master(prenominal), important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: most important element; "the chief aim of living"; "the main doors were of solid glass"; "the principal rivers of America"; "the principal example"; "policemen were primary targets"; "the master bedroom"; "a master switch"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of master (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.