- 1. cover, covering, screening, masking, concealment, concealing, hiding
- usage: the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
- 2. masking, sensation, esthesis, aesthesis, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum
- usage: the blocking of one sensation resulting from the presence of another sensation; "he studied auditory masking by pure tones"
- 3. masking piece, masking, scenery, scene
- usage: scenery used to block the audience's view of parts of the stage that should not be seen
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dissemble, cloak, mask, disguise, mask
- usage: hide under a false appearance; "He masked his disappointment"
- 2. mask, cover
- usage: put a mask on or cover with a mask; "Mask the children for Halloween"
- 3. disguise, mask, hide, conceal
- usage: make unrecognizable; "The herb masks the garlic taste"; "We disguised our faces before robbing the bank"
- 4. mask, cover
- usage: cover with a sauce; "mask the meat"
- 5. mask, block out, cover
- usage: shield from light
All rights reserved.
See also: masking (Dictionary)