- 1. dissemble, cloak, mask, disguise, mask
- usage: hide under a false appearance; "He masked his disappointment"
- 2. mask, cover
- usage: put a mask on or cover with a mask; "Mask the children for Halloween"
- 3. disguise, mask, hide, conceal
- usage: make unrecognizable; "The herb masks the garlic taste"; "We disguised our faces before robbing the bank"
- 4. mask, cover
- usage: cover with a sauce; "mask the meat"
- 5. mask, block out, cover
- usage: shield from light
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cloaked, disguised, masked, covert (vs. overt)
- usage: having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading; "hidden agenda"; "masked threat"
- 2. masked, marked (vs. unmarked)
- usage: having markings suggestive of a mask; "the masked face of a raccoon"
All rights reserved.
See also: masked (Dictionary)