- 1. Manx, Gaelic, Goidelic, Erse
- usage: the ancient Gaelic formerly spoken on the Isle of Man; the language is sometimes used on ceremonial occasions
- 2. Manx, Manx cat, domestic cat, house cat, Felis domesticus, Felis catus
- usage: a short-haired tailless breed of cat believed to originate on the Isle of Man
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Manx
- usage: of or relating to the Isle of Man or its inhabitants or their language; "the Manx fishing industry"; "there are few Manx speakers alive today"
All rights reserved.
See also: manx (Dictionary)