WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. manipulate, pull strings, pull wires, influence, act upon, work
- usage: influence or control shrewdly or deviously; "He manipulated public opinion in his favor"
- 2. manipulate, handle, palm
- usage: hold something in one's hands and move it
- 3. fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent, cheat, chisel
- usage: tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- 4. rig, manipulate, price
- usage: manipulate in a fraudulent manner; "rig prices"
- 5. manipulate, keep in line, control, interact
- usage: control (others or oneself) or influence skillfully, usually to one's advantage; "She manipulates her boss"; "She is a very controlling mother and doesn't let her children grow up"; "The teacher knew how to keep the class in line"; "she keeps in line"
- 6. manipulate, treat, care for
- usage: treat manually, as with massage, for therapeutic purposed
All rights reserved.
See also: manipulate (Dictionary)