- 1. Malay, Malayan, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: a member of a people inhabiting the northern Malay Peninsula and Malaysia and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- 2. Malay, Western Malayo-Polynesian
- usage: a western subfamily of Western Malayo-Polynesian languages
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Malay, Malayan
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the northern Malay Peninsula and parts of the western Malay Archipelago; "Malay peoples"; "Malayan syllable structure"
All rights reserved.
See also: malay (Dictionary)