WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. elaborate, luxuriant, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: marked by complexity and richness of detail; "an elaborate lace pattern"
- 2. epicurean, luxurious, luxuriant, sybaritic, voluptuary, voluptuous, indulgent (vs. nonindulgent)
- usage: displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses; "an epicurean banquet"; "enjoyed a luxurious suite with a crystal chandelier and thick oriental rugs"; "Lucullus spent the remainder of his days in voluptuous magnificence"; "a chinchilla robe of sybaritic lavishness"
- 3. exuberant, lush, luxuriant, profuse, riotous, abundant (vs. scarce)
- usage: produced or growing in extreme abundance; "their riotous blooming"
All rights reserved.
See also: luxuriant (Dictionary)