- 1. anteroom, antechamber, entrance hall, hall, foyer, lobby, vestibule, room
- usage: a large entrance or reception room or area
- 2. lobby, people
- usage: the people who support some common cause or business or principle or sectional interest
- 3. lobby, pressure group, third house, political unit, political entity
- usage: a group of people who try actively to influence legislation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lobby, buttonhole, solicit, beg, tap
- usage: detain in conversation by or as if by holding on to the outer garments of; as for political or economic favors
All rights reserved.
See also: lobby (Dictionary)