- 1. load, loading, burden, weight
- usage: weight to be borne or conveyed
- 2. load, loading, indefinite quantity
- usage: a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time; "the system broke down under excessive loads"
- 3. loading, ratio
- usage: the ratio of the gross weight of an airplane to some factor determining its lift
- 4. cargo, lading, freight, load, loading, payload, shipment, consignment, merchandise, ware, product
- usage: goods carried by a large vehicle
- 5. loading, handling
- usage: the labor of putting a load of something on or in a vehicle or ship or container etc.; "the loading took 2 hours"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. load, lade, laden, load up, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill or place a load on; "load a car"; "load the truck with hay"
- 2. load, charge, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: provide (a device) with something necessary; "He loaded his gun carefully"; "load the camera"
- 3. load, transfer
- usage: transfer from a storage device to a computer's memory
- 4. load, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something) on a structure or conveyance; "load the bags onto the trucks"
- 5. load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase, corrupt, spoil
- usage: corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones; "adulterate liquor"
All rights reserved.
See also: loading (Dictionary)